What we do with your personally identifiable information
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although we do reserve the right to not accept subscriptions, submissions and applications that do not provide sufficient legitimate personal information to verify your identity in our effort to ensure the safety and security of our operations and prevent fraud. "Personally identifiable information" means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- your name, company, email address, phone number, and street address
- credit card information
- any account-preference information you provide us
- your computer's domain name and IP address, indicating
where your computer is located on the Internet
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although unless you opt out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our programs, volunteer opportunities and fundraising events;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to provide information you have requested;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of Art Buddies, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Other information we collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our website(s); research and development; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
External data storage sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- to take customary precautions to guard against "malware" (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
Notice to Users Outside The United States
Art Buddies' operations are located in the United States. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred to the United States. By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described herein.
Information collected from children
Art Buddies does not knowingly collect information from youth under the age of 18. (See the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.)
Questions or comments?
Thank you for connecting with Art Buddies!